Baking smells so delicious, the mere illusion of freshly baked biscuits can sell houses. It's true. Real estate agents will pour cinnamon on a tray in the oven and fan bake it so the smell wafts around the house. Makes it feel more homely. Just like maaaama used to make.
Baking also tastes amazing (if you do it right), and there's no quicker way to impress girls. Show up to their house with a bunch of freshly baked cookies as a thoughtful gift for their mother and you'll not only win the girl, but the whole family too.
Here's my recipe for ginger crunch. It's a winner – I baked it the last two nights and took it into work and now my work-mates are loving me so much they keep letting me leave early.
175 g butter
125 g soft brown sugar
220 g white flour
50 g desiccated coconut
50 g rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
60 g butter
125 g icing sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1. Preheat Oven to 180C (350F)
2. Melt butter and combine with all dry ingredients
3. Tip mixture into greased baking tin or make cookie shapes on a baking tray
4. Bake until golden brown (usually 10-20 mins)
5. Remove from oven and pour hot icing over them
6. Distribute them freely and wait for good fortune to start rolling your way!