Monday, February 22, 2010

#1107 Alexander McQueen taken off schedule at Paris Fashion Week

Screengrab: Federation Francaise de la Couture

Despite assurances last Thursday from Gucci Group's CEO Robert Polet that Alexander McQueen's Fall 2010 collection show - scheduled for 9 March at Paris Fashion Week - would go ahead, the Chambre Syndicale (French fashion's governing body) has taken McQueen's name off the timetable. Polet spoke to media last week, telling them that McQueen's final collection would be presented in two invitation-only, private salon shows on Tuesday 9 March and Wednesday 10 March. If that's the case, why has Alexander McQueen's show been taken off the schedule? It's fairly common for high profile shows to be printed on the schedule with the words 'voir invitation' (see invitation) replacing an address - presumably to stop non-invitees from attending - but to remove a show altogether, and especially this show, seems like an unusual move.

4 comments:

k said...

Maybe all the press surrounding the whole situation is making the organisers nervous enough to not even let anyone know what time the shows are. I sure would be, imagine how many people would try to crash an event like that?

fashionkilledthecat said...

That is so true, at least his collection will be shown though. Do you know who is going to be the new designer for Alexander McQueen? They are going to have big shoes to fill! im anxious about to find out and see what direction they take it.

Anonymous said...

dude, you just copy and paste other people's stuff. you didn't even write that last part

Isaac Likes said...

To the last anonymous - I may be many things, but a plagiariser is not one of them. All the words above are original.