Photo: Clothes on Film
1. Inception was the single greatest cinematic experience of my life to date. Besides its riveting storyline and action scenes that left me in palpitations on the floor, the wardrobe was insane. And there's this one shot of Ellen Paige in three quarter profile where she has the reddest, prettiest lips I've ever seen. The moment I walked out of the theatre I heard a train and completely freaked out. If you haven't been yet, go. Go as many times as you can.
2. Goodie bags at fashion shows are unnecessary, obsolete and bad for the environment. While I appreciate that sponsors require some kind of presence in order to get their money's worth, I wouldn't call a whole bunch of press releases stuffed into a bag an opportunity for leverage – I'd call them a damned nuisance.
3. On that note, attention media: don't copy and paste press releases. I made the mistake of doing so last night and had about 15 emails within 10 minutes telling me that this company's name was spelt wrong or that designer's city was Dunedin not Auckland!!! PR agents are the devil I tells ye, the devil.
4. Also, attention anonymous commenters who say nasty things about other people on the internet: you're a bunch of spineless cowards. Grow a pair. At least own your negativity. The real world equivalent to you is somebody who gets kicks from sucker punching blind people.
5. Big upping oneself anonymously is never a good plan either.
6. Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong. That's one of life's little certainties. The only way to counteract this is by micromanaging everything at all times. Nobody likes a pitbull, but everybody loves a job well done.
7. Gentlemen, play around with textures in your clothing. Tweed, corduroy, cableknits, and cashmere look great and scream, "TOUCH ME!" You do want to be touched, don't you?
8. I have this theory about why New Zealand (and the world, for that matter) has such a high number of STDs. Besides the obvious that males never want to use condoms, I reckon that people judge each others' sexual health based on appearance. ie If somebody is pretty and smells nice, he or she probably won't have chlamydia. WRONG. Something like one in every two sexually active people does have chlamydia. In conclusion: no glove, no love.
9. A wise man once told me, 'Become who you want to marry.' It's good advice. The wise man was my Dad. He's been happily married to my Mum for 28 years.
10. Models, stop dying. Please.
I LIKE YOU!