1. Rene Ricard Boat. Bill Powers' newest project, Exhibition A, is a genuine attempt at bringing art to the world in an accessible way. This signed Rene Ricard print is just $450, and an edition of 100. There's a lot of talk in the art world around bringing fine art to a new market, but if there was one person with the right contacts and eye to make it happen it'd be Bill. Exhibition A is the first real attempt I've seen at this. Rene Ricard for $450!!
2. Colette SEX Candle Richardson Magazine. My good friend Andrew Richardson makes probably the best magazine around, there was no one better suited for this year's edition of the Colette SEX Candle.
3. Chrome Hearts Silver Flower Ring. I'm obsessed with Chrome Hearts, I remember being told the story of the brand when I was much younger, but it's only in recent years that it has really sunk in just how important this brand is – and how amazing each one of their pieces are.
4. Andreas Gursky 2010. My favourite photographer, and my book collection somehow skips over him!? This two book slipcase features Norman Bryson's historical perspective and contemporary insight into Gursky’s latest body of work. In Volume 2, Gursky’s own selection of key images from the last twenty years is accompanied by an essay by art historian and curator Werner Spies.
5. Ingram Knight Chair. Well pretty much anything by them at all. Rufus is doing big things and I want to get in early!
Adam Bryce is one of the founding fathers of fashion, art and street culture blogging. He started SLAMXHYPE in 2003 and built it up to become an online news juggernaut, while consulting for major worldwide brands, and starting up a print magazine The New Order. Plus he's a fellow Kiwi!
I LIKE YOU!