1. For anybody wishing to become a model booker, here are the requisite skills: You must be a good secretary/receptionist/personal assistant/salesman/111 emergency telephone operator/travel agent/nurse/best friend/mother/psychologist/insomniac. Still want the job? More power to you.
2. The new Twenty-seven Names collection is my favourite New Zealand Summer range thus far, for one simple reason: it's pretty. I can't stand New Zealanders' obsession with ugly cool fashion. What's wrong with things that fit well and look nice? Down with ripped jeans shorts, down with midriff revealing tops, down with thick crepe-soled shoes. Up with pretty!
3. I went and saw Thor last night, mainly because Natalie Portman was in it. I've had this crazed obsession with that girl since I was about 16 where I genuinely, honest-to-God believed that one day I would meet her and she would be mine. Benjamin Millepied foiled those plans. But back to Thor – what a good-time, cheeseball movie. I loved it. But it must be said: Hey Chris Hemsworth, Brad Pitt called. He wants his Achilles voice back.
4. Yet another example of Auckland's god-awful town development: who has witnessed the new retail atrocity on the corner of Ponsonby Road and Williamson Ave? It looks like Westfield 277. The worst! What is wrong with this city??? If I want cookie-cutter development, I'll go to Albany. Keep Ponsonby Road beautiful!
5. Gossip Girl is back.
6. James K Lowe is also back with a new blog and it is so good looking that I'm literally shuddering with jealousy.
7. I head to RAFW next week, but I didn't register in time. So Australian designers, if you read this: can I please come to your show? Thanks.
8. Speaking of which, I had a sneak preview of Stolen Girlfriends Club's summer collection last week and it was filled with garments printed in fine artist Karl Maughan's floral imagery. The SGC/Karl Maughan capsule collaboration was scheduled to come out in February, but when they started designing it they liked it so much that they decided to make it into a full collection. Expect big things.
I LIKE YOU!