Monday, April 2, 2012
1. The 50/50 possibility that I'm going to Coachella in two and a half weeks.
2. The latest issue of Fantastic Man, which is on newsstands right now and which you need to pick up immediately. Besides brilliant pieces about my favourite expat Kiwi Tim Blanks and A.P.C.'s Jean Touitou, there's an interview with Nigel Stowe, the general manager of London's members only Arts Club. Says he: "Oddly enough, I'm happiest when I'm trying to pull back a table. When you walk into a room, you look at the heads. If they're up, then there's your problem table. The worst thing is when you seat someone near a person they know. Say you're doing a business lunch and then a friend of yours comes in and sits at the table next to yours. It would be awkward. You can't figure out why – there's just an awkwardness. I believe great service is anticipating that awkwardness." Most interesting article I've read in a long time.
3. Gemini Gang's 24/7 rolling Twitter feed. Genius, hilarious, intriguing and highly entertaining. (Sounds like a Gemini.)
4. Hobbie Stuart and his acoustic covers of R'n'B songs, in particular What's My Name by Rihanna. That's baby making music right there.
5. Jude Law and Matt Damon's wardrobes in The Talented Mr Ripley. Gwyneth Paltrow's, too. Hot damn, that is the best dressed film ever made. I watch it about once a week for inspiration.
6. Burberry's linen shirt jacket from the Spring/Summer 2012 collection. Like a denim jacket, but better.
7. This quote by Jessica Biel from the semi-terrible Freddie Prinze Jr film Summer Catch: "Sometimes you just have to allow yourself to succeed."
8. Maroon Lacoste polo shirts. Nothing beats them.
9. Katherine is Awesome (dot com). She is owning New Zealand right now. Owning it!
10. Channing Tatum as an actor. He does the best kid-born-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-tracks-fighting-to-turn-his-life-around-but-still-harbouring-emotional-scars-from-his-troubled-past. Plus, he's just so damn good looking.
I LIKE YOU!