1. If I ever get the chance to properly interview Kanye West, I'm going to
ask him what he thinks when white people are in the audience at his
concerts rapping along to his songs and they drop the N-bomb. (ie 'Got my
N-bombs in Paris, and they goin' gorillas, huh!') Is there some kind of
get-out-of-jail free allowance given to white people at hip hop shows?
2. Bloggers of the world – if someone writes a nasty comment on one of your
posts, says something awful to you on Tumblr or Tweets something
offensive at you and you retweet it
in outrage, you're immediately giving the negativity way more power than
it would have had if you'd just read it, locked yourself in your room,
then cried for a few hours.
3. It has recently occurred to me that very few people have the ability to make me really, truly angry, so, if anything, it's a compliment to those people if I get angry with them because it just shows how much I care. Am I right or am I right? Hiiiii Mum!
4. :-/ is the best emoticon. Use it liberally.
5. Also, saying LOL in real life gets you out of trouble like putting an angel emoticon after typing something inappropriate in a chatroom. Don't lie, I know you still go on chatrooms.
6. Inspirational quote of the week, courtesy of David Dallas: "Somebody has to be the best in the world, why can't it be you?"
7. Hilarious quote of the week, courtesy of Brunello Cucinelli: "If I work with you nine hours a day and you smell, then you’re ruining my life.”
8. If I had a dollar for every one of my ex-girlfriends who'd sent me an angry email about blog posts I've written in the past two weeks, I'd have four dollars.
9. My lifelong dream is to sing Simply The Best by Tina Turner in drag on a cruise ship. But since I don't like boats, I'm restricted to belting it out at karaoke every Tuesday night in Brooklyn. :-/
10. Lest ye forget, it's ANZAC Day today – big love to everyone in New Zealand and Australia. We'll be representing for the Australasians in New York tomorrow.
I LIKE YOU!