|Club Monaco's take on the short-sleeve sweater.|
2. Here's my number one style tip for the summer: Take an old crewneck sweater, preferably grey, hopefully with a v insert at the neck. Cut the sleeves to tee shirt length. Roll them up a couple of times. Wear it all day, every day, with everything you own. Hey presto, you just got yourself a new lease on life.
3. And for all you Southern Hemispherers, here's my number one style tip for the winter: Get yourself some seasonally appropriate pants in wool, tweed or corduroy. Take them to the tailor and get them tapered and shortened above your ankle with a one and three quarter inch cuff. Wear them with good socks (I prefer solid colours and melanges over anything too patterned or multicoloured) and clumpy-soled leather shoes. Boom.
4. Okay, so I watched The Avengers. How on earth that film broke the records for highest grossing weekend ever is so far beyond me, I don't even know what to say. I revise what I said last week: I am perfectly sane. The world is taking crazy pills.
5. Quote of the week, courtesy of Daisaku Ikeda: “It is impossible to build one's own happiness on the unhappiness of others.”
6. On Tuesday last week, I spent a good 90 seconds convincing Raquel Zimmermann of how much she looked like Raquel Zimmermann. Her friends finally put me out of my misery when I started telling her, "No, but seriously – you actually could be her... Wait. Maybe the nose is a bit different."
7. At the risk of getting philosophical, why is it that success can be just as frightening as failure?
8. Three decades on, We Are The World still holds up. But more importantly, so do those sweaters. How much would you pay for one of those bad boys??
9. Congratulations are in order to Georgia Fowler, who walked Chanel's resort show for the first time yesterday in Versailles. GO THE KIWIS!
I LIKE YOU!