2. A couple of weeks ago I got an email from a Kiwi named Harley who works for G-Shock. He said he was coming up to New York for the wrist-watch's party taking place tonight, and that I was welcome to join him. I went to one of these parties in Auckland in 2010 – David Dallas rapped, and Just Blaze deejayed. It was huge. Last year in New York, Kanye West performed at the event. Harley promised a big name to follow him up. Yesterday he confirmed the act: Eminem. Crazy. Mr Mathers, if you're reading, please play Guilty Conscience tonight. Thanks.
3. Best thing I've seen this week: Outlier's Abe Burmeister talking about How He Built A Fashion Brand With No Experience, Just Punk Rock Spirit (And The Web). So good.
4. Quote of the week, from the late, great Steve Jobs: "People don't know what they want until you show it to them." Or to quote my Dad, "If you give people a choice, they'll always make the wrong decision."
5. Have you seen Bride & Prejudice? It's the Hollywood/Bollywood remake of Jane Austen's classic starring Kiwi Martin Henderson and Aishwarya Rai. I'm pretty sure it's my new favourite movie. No reason in particular.
6. America has some pretty skewed logic at the best of times, but NBC's Olympic coverage is about as ridiculous as anything I've encountered. Instead of playing the popular events as they happen, they fill up about seven different channels with hellishly boring sports (volleyball, handball, water polo, etc) and leave all the exciting moments (100 metre final, Phelps winning multiple golds, Nick Willis making the 1500 metre final, etc), till the evening highlight session. Therefore, by the time you actually get to see Usain Bolt breaking his own Olympic record, you've known the results for hours. Kill me. Kill me now.
7. Who knew that The Bourne Identity reconceived 100 years in the future, starring Colin Farrell, Jessica Biel and Kate Beckingsale could make for such an dull film? Obviously not the writers of Total Recall.
8. Hey so have you followed me on Instagram yet? I'm isaaclikes_ and I command you to do it now! Please?
9. Been listening to this all morning on repeat. Yes.
10. I'm coming to New Zealand at the end of September for the launch of Little Brother's Spring/Summer collection and we're going to be hosting a series of in store events at various Barkers locations around the country and I expect to see you there! So keep an eye out for details. Okay!? Okay.
I LIKE YOU!