Men in great coats. Photo: Mr Modern Gentleman
I don't know about you, but at this time of year I feel like I'm constantly going to these events and launches and dinners which are all very nice and good and wonderful for schmoozing, but as the night wears on, the DJ continues to play either house music or obscure indie rock, and I find myself getting bored and wishing that s/he'd cut the crap and throw something on that inspires me to run onto the dance floor in the middle of everybody like that white girl at a party, screaming, "Oh my God it's my song, it's my sooooooong!!!!" So with that in mind, here are the 10 songs that I believe would inspire that same reaction in far more people than me — including those gentlemen above in the glorious coats — thus making parties the world over a lot more fun. Here goes.
1. Bubble Butt by Major Lazer
2. Cheers (Drink to That) by Rihanna
3. F**kin Problem by A$AP Rocky
4. Love Kickstarts by Example
5. Close to Me by The Cure
6. Started From The Bottom by Drake
7. Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order
8. Black Skinhead by Kanye West
9. Baby Boy by Beyonce
10. Holy Grail by Justin Timberlake and Jay Z
I LIKE YOU!